Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The View: Dating Author Confuses Everyone

This post is about The View and some of their guests, namely Amy Webb, author of a new dating book who was just on this week. Does anyone actually sit and interview these folks before they come on to make sure they are "TV ready" or does a publicist just submit them and they get on with assumptions they know how to present their wares?

Either way, this guest was, umm, let's say irritating and confusing. Her book, while probably a perfectly fine book on dating, may not have benefitted as much as it could have from this appearance. Ms. Webb was prone to using the term "reverse engineering" when describing her new-found dating technique. Now, I only understand this term (which elicits yawns from non-engineering types) because my hubby is an engineer.

She also loves terms like "data" and "analytics" and the like. Whoopie looked utterly confused (I think she even threw her arms up in the air and exclaimed WHAT?) as did the rest of the panel. The author also seems to think she is the new "online dating prom queen." Say what now?

I do understand what this author is talking about, however I sincerely doubt all of the audience that day caught it. Not because I'm any brighter; again, my husband is an engineer. Regardless, sorry to say, I was almost as confused as everyone else listening that day.




Do love spells really work?

No comments:

Post a Comment